Apple AirPlay 2 is coming to compatible products across Marantz product lines globally via a firmware update in August 2018.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH AIRPLAY 2?
- Play Apple Music on AirPlay 2 compatible models from Marantz
- Experience amazing soundtracks on AirPlay 2 models from Marantz from popular services like Youtube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV
- Ask Siri to play Apple Music in a specific room or throughout the house (ask Siri from iPhone/iPad/Mac/Apple TV/HomePod)
- Multiroom control: ability to play music as a single device or group of AirPlay 2 devices simultaneously. You can control group directly from Apple’s Music App and Home app
o Marantz AVRs with HEOS built-in
o HEOS Home Cinema HS2
o Apple TV
- With other music streaming services, Siri gives you basic controls (volume, skip tracks, mute/unmute, pause/resume, etc) while playing on AirPlay 2 compatible models from Marantz
- AirPlay 2 can be used with other HomeKit devices
- In Future: create a synchronized playback group with other HEOS devices (even HEOS devices that do not have AirPlay 2 can be group members - AP2 device needs to be the group leader)
AirPlay 2 enables support for multi-room audio so users can wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 speakers simultaneously, and improves audio buffering to help ensure smoother audio playback. Additionally, AirPlay 2 ensures users can control and group compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app.
LIST OF AIRPLAY 2 COMPATIBLE DEVICES
- Marantz ND8006, Marantz NR1508, Marantz NR1608, Marantz SR5012, Marantz, Marantz SR6012, Marantz SR7011, Marantz SR7012, Marantz AV8805, Marantz AV7704, Marantz SR8012, Marantz NR1509, Marantz NR1609.